Why you should opt for Porcelain Flooring
Since porcelain flooring has came into existence, it has been compared to ceramic tiles. There are a great number of reasons as to why porcelain has become the preferred choice of tile over ceramic.
Let’s see how porcelain floor tile is different from ceramic tile!
In the debate of porcelain vs ceramic, the difference lies in the clay material as well as in the processing method.
A porcelain tile is made from condensed clay and is heated at a greater intensity. The newer invention in the line of ceramic tile, porcelain tiles are harder and denser in nature which allows them to be stronger and less porous.
There are two main types of porcelain floor tiles, glazed and through body tiles. The key difference is that a glazed tile has a glossy surface whereas the through body tile is processed with minerals, sand, and clay that makes it much stronger.
Porcelain floor tiles has earned its spot as a top flooring choice for many reasons.
- Resistant to scratches: One of the greatest qualities of porcelain flooring is its strong resistance against stains and scratches. Porcelain floor tiles are kiln-heated which makes them very strong and sturdy. If you have porcelain flooring in your home or office, you won’t need to worry about getting cracks from dropping an item that would probably cause a crack on a regular tile.
- Impermeable: Porcelain tiles are impermeable in nature which means they do not allow moisture to pass through the tiles. So, the next time you spill some water on your porcelain tiles, you can rest assured that it will not cause any damage to your floors.
- Tougher and More Durable: The denseness and toughness of porcelain tile comes from its processing in the kiln-heat. Due to its strong resistance against stains, traffic, and spills, it is likely to outlast other types of flooring.
- Outdoor and Indoor use: Porcelain tile is a suitable option not just for indoor use, but for outdoor spaces as well. Porcelain floor tiles have a great ability to combat the natural adversities of weather.
- Low Maintenance and Easy Cleaning: The preference of any given floor material is measured by the convenience of its cleaning. Both variants of porcelain tile, glazed and through body, are easy to clean. All that is required is to clean it with a damp cloth. You can also add a little soap or detergent for better results.
- Fireproof: One often overlooked quality of porcelain flooring is its fire resistance. The tiles can withstand extreme heat conditions. The fireproof ability of the tiles also helps to prevent the spread of accidental fires.
- Great Variety: Porcelain flooring comes in a wide variety of styles to help you achieve the exact look you want. Wood look porcelain tile is a prominent example of how you don’t have to compromise between looks and durability.
Now that you know what makes porcelain tile a great flooring choice, you can be confident in your decision to install it in your home or office!